Florida TaxWatch to Host 2023 Spring Meeting in Orlando Tomorrow, Thurs., May 18
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wed., May 17, 2023
CONTACT: Aly Coleman Raschid, email@example.com, 850.449.8862
MEDIA ADVISORY: Florida TaxWatch to Host 2023 Spring Meeting in Orlando Tomorrow, Thurs., May 18
Orlando, Fla. – Tomorrow, Thurs., May 18, from 12 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., Florida TaxWatch (FTW) will host its 2023 Spring Meeting in Orlando. After the 2022-23 Principal Leadership Awards Luncheon – which will honor two winners from Orange and Brevard Counties – FTW board members and guests will engage in issue-specific panel discussions and hear from several high-profile speakers, including keynote remarks from the Department of Education’s Senior Chancellor Henry Mack and the Executive Office of the Governor’s Director of Policy and Budget Chris Spencer. A prominent leader of the Central Florida business community will also be surprised with the prestigious FTW Chairman’s Award.
Media is invited to attend the meeting anytime between 12 p.m. through 8:30 p.m. on Thurs., May 18. Please contact Aly Coleman Raschid at firstname.lastname@example.org 850.449.8862 to RSVP and/or schedule a brief interview with FTW President and CEO Dominic M. Calabro onsite. Upon RSVPing, you will also receive the name of the individual being honored with the Chairman’s Award, under embargo until the time of the award presentation.
Florida TaxWatch 2023 Spring Meeting
Thurs., May 18
12 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Florida, 32821
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS:
12-2 p.m. / Principal Leadership Awards Luncheon
- Celebration of the 2022-2023 Principal Leadership Award winners
- Remarks from Cindy O’Connell, Director, Florida Prepaid College Foundation
2-4 p.m. / General Session
- The Economic State of Florida Panel
- Moderated by Karen Lake, Director of Tax Services, Berkowitz Pollack Brant
- Jeffery Binkley, Principal, Ryan
- Dr. Jerry D. Parrish, Florida State University
- Kurt Wenner, Senior Vice President of Research, Florida TaxWatch
- Russell C. Weigel, III, Commissioner, Florida Office of Financial Regulation
- Issues in Infrastructure Panel
- Moderated by Sonya Montgomery, CEO & President, The DeSoto GrouP
- Terry Gibson, Florida Programs Lead, DEPLOY/US
- Peter M. Moore, President & CEO, Chen Moore & Associates
- David Nicholson, Vice President Legal, General Counsel & Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, TECO
- Ananth Prasad, President, Florida Transportation Builders Association
- Closing Comments by Rasesh Thakkar, Senior Managing Director, Tavistock Group/Co-Founder, Lake Nona Impact Forum
4-6:30 p.m. / Break
6:30-8:30 p.m. / Chairman’s Reception & Dinner
- Keynote address from Henry Mack, Senior Chancellor, Office of the Commissioner, Florida Department of Education
- Keynote address from Chris Spencer, Director of Policy & Budget, Executive Office of the Governor
- Surprise presentation of Florida TaxWatch’s Chairman’s Award
To learn more about FTW, please click here. To access FTW’s full research library and recent reports, please click here.
About Florida TaxWatch
As an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit government watchdog and taxpayer research institute for more than forty years and the trusted eyes and ears of Florida taxpayers, Florida TaxWatch works to improve the productivity and accountability of Florida government. Its research recommends productivity enhancements and explains the statewide impact of fiscal and economic policies and practices on citizens and businesses. Florida TaxWatch is supported by its membership via voluntary, tax-deductible donations and private grants. Donations provide a solid, lasting foundation that has enabled Florida TaxWatch to bring about a more effective, responsive government that is more accountable to, and productive for, the citizens it serves since 1979. For more information, please visit www.floridataxwatch.org.