Florida TaxWatch is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit public policy think tank based in Tallahassee, Florida. We regularly evaluate a broad range of public policies, programs, budgets, and operations to recommend improvements to maximize taxpayer value. The organization’s research and projects spans a variety of topics, including the economic growth and competitiveness, health care, education, social services, criminal justice, citizen engagement, budgets and taxes, and government efficiency. (For more information, visit our website at: FloridaTaxWatch.org)
The Florida TaxWatch Communications Team produces high-quality publications, events, promotions, and messages across various channels to share and leverage the research and policy recommendations of the organization, increase brand awareness, and deliver consistent messages to partners and stakeholders. Communications team members leverage design, marketing, media messages, events, community relations, and customer engagement in order to impact public policy and drive awareness, brand growth, and improve the bottom line. Regardless of job title, successful team members...
• are creative, entrepreneurial, proactive, results-oriented individuals, with strong interpersonal skills and experience working cooperatively and strategically with different teams;
• have experience developing, managing, and implementing programs and communications strategies across wide range of formats, channels, and tools;
• are fluent with various live, digital, and social engagement tools, as well as best practices in communications, outreach, community relations, capacity building, meeting facilitation, and public policy advocacy;
• have capacity to work well, in nonpartisan fashion, with people from diverse perspectives and are comfortable facilitating policy-oriented initiatives, synthesizing and organizing information, with an appropriate attention to protocol and confidentiality;
• have excellent problem-solving skills, written and oral communications skills, keen attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work well under the pressure; and
• exhibit deep understanding of the synergy between membership, marketing, and fundraising in a nonprofit setting;
A degree or relevant work experience in marketing, communications, public relations, event planning, membership management, journalism, community relations, or related field is a must.
Florida TaxWatch Research Analysts are public policy professionals focused on conducting research, program evaluation, and policy analysis on broad range of issues of interest to Florida taxpayers and policymakers. Analysts are expected to collect, evaluate, and summarize data and research; demonstrate strong writing and communications skills; and be skilled at working independently, but also be a team player capable of engaging with a team of staff and volunteer thought-leaders to make recommendations and provide guidance on public policy issues. Research Analysts are expected to produce relevant, accurate, high quality, and timely research projects and presentations. Successful research team members...
• are creative, proactive, results-oriented individuals with excellent problem-solving skills, written and oral communications skills, keen attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work well under the pressure;
• have capacity to communicate persuasively across a variety of mediums, including written reports, legislative testimony, public presentations, and media appearances; and
• are intellectually curious and have capacity to work well, in nonpartisan fashion, with people from diverse perspectives and are comfortable facilitating policy-oriented initiatives, synthesizing and organizing information, with an appropriate attention to protocol and confidentiality;
Relevant post-graduate qualification and at least two years of public policy work or reporting experience is recommended. An emphasis in economics, budgets or tax analysis, health policy, public administration, journalism, or other research related enterprises is a plus.